Call 01233 713397

Providing whole of market mortgage advice throughout Kent

Protection and General Insurance

Accident, Sickness and Unemployment Insurance

Becoming unemployed can cause many problems, not least the fact that there simply may not be any money to pay the bills. Most people will agree that their home is their most important material possession, yet if mortgage payments cannot be made, the security of a home can be taken away.

You cannot rely on state help to cover your mortgage payments if you cannot work. A temporary package of measures was introduced to provide extra help to new customers in light of the economic downturn. If you are a homeowner and get certain income-related benefits, you may qualify for help towards your mortgage interest benefits. This is payable as part of your benefit and is called Support for Mortgage Interest (SMI)

You can buy cover to protect your mortgage payments if you have an accident or become ill and cannot work, if you become unemployed, or to provide full cover for accidents, sickness and unemployment. The terms and conditions under which you can claim differ with every policy, so you should always check them very carefully.

The Benefit period is the length of time you can claim monthly payments for, and these vary for each policy. You can select the time period you want to be covered (1 year, 2 years etc) but the longer you want the cover for, the more expensive the premiums will be.

There is also an Exclusion Period, sometimes known as an Excess period. This is the time you have to wait to start receiving benefits from the policy after you have become ill, had an accident or become unemployed. Again, this can vary from having no exclusion period to 30, 60 or 90 days. In some instances, this can be even longer.

Contact us to find out about our range of protection services today.